COUNTY OF ORANGE PUBLIC SERVICE IMPACTS
Updated: 3/30/2020, 4:47 p.m.
County Service Center, 601 North Ross Street, Santa Ana
- Temporary closure until further notice.
- For questions, please call (714) 834-7083 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday – Friday during this closure
- Property tax payments (no cash) can be dropped off at the Outside Payment Drop box on Ross Street or made online by check (no cost) at ocgov.com/octaxbill, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (714) 834-3411
- For Clerk-Recorder, please see ocrecorder.com or call (714) 834-2500
- For OC Public Works, please see myOCeServices.ocgov.com or call (714) 667-8888
- The offices in Orange, Mission Viejo and Santa Ana Civic Center are closed. For assistance, call (714) 834-2727 from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- For further information about specific items you may call the numbers below from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday:
Address Change for Real Property
Address Change for Business Property
Boat and Aircraft Questions
Business Property – General Questions
Exemptions – Homeowners’ Questions
Exemptions – Institutional (Welfare, Church, etc.)
Exemptions – Veterans’ Questions
Real Property – Change of Ownership Questions
Real Property – General Questions
Proposition Questions (Prop 58, 60, 90, 110, etc.)
Taxpayers’ Advocate Office
Value Notice Requests
Child Support Services
- The Child Support Services lobby in Santa Ana is closed to the public.
- Court activities will be curtailed until further notice. Clients may visit the website or call (866) 901-3212 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Customers can call or make payments by phone (866-901-3212) or online through the website (css.ocgov.com).
- All of the Clerk-Recorder offices in Anaheim, Laguna Hills, Westminster, the County Service Center and the Old Courthouse, are closed.
- All special Saturday openings are canceled.
- Passport application acceptance service is suspended.
- Marriage Services (licenses and ceremonies) are suspended.
- Over-the-counter Document Recording Services are suspended. All recordings may be submitted electronically or via mail.
- Attorney service document recording drop-offs and pick-ups are suspended.
- All professional registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) are suspended.
- The services listed below can be easily requested online at OCRecorder.com or by mail service. No over-the-counter service will be available until further notice.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage
- Fictitious Business Name Statements
- Official Record Copies
- Notary Public Registrations
- Environmental Impact Reports
Mail requests with proper fees to:
Orange County Clerk-Recorder
County Administration South
601 N. Ross Street
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Orange County Clerk-Recorder
Attn. – Clerk Operations
P.O. Box 238
Santa Ana, CA 92702
- We are available to answer your questions from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at (714) 834-2500 or visit OCRecorder.com for more detailed information.
Health Care Agency
- Residents who have medical questions may call the Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448.
Behavioral Health Services
- Community trainings (i.e. Mental Health First Aid and Crisis Intervention Training) are suspended.
- March Mental Health Board and Mental Health Services Act Steering Committee meetings have been canceled.
- Clients are being screened for symptoms and any client who presents with symptoms is being re-scheduled and referred for a medical appointment.
- Outreach & Engagement staff have suspended their participation in resource fairs.
Office of Care Coordination
- The March Continuum of Care Board and Committee meeting is canceled.
- The March Bridges at Kraemer Community Advisory Board meeting is canceled.
Public Health Services
- California Children Services Medical Therapy Units, which are located on school campuses, are limiting services to medically urgent appointments.
Regulatory/Medical Health Services
- Several hospital food facility inspections have been postponed to minimize operational impact to hospitals.
Human Resource Services
- Human Resource Services (HRS) is significantly reducing and might eliminate in-person testing for candidates currently in the hiring process. HRS will work to accommodate candidates who do not have access to online systems.
- HRS is exploring significantly speeding up the hiring process as allowed per the emergency orders, especially for OC Health Care Agency.
Office of Campaign Finance and Ethics Commission
- Office is currently closed. Orange County residents may email email@example.com or call (714) 645-3844.
OC Community Resources
Orange County Animal Care
www.ocpetinfo.com | (714) 935-6848 |After-Hours: (714) 259-1122
- Beginning 3/27/20, the OC Animal Care Intake Office will be closed daily at 6PM. Please note, we will continue to respond to urgent service calls 24 hours a day and anyone who needs after-hours assistance can call our after-hours number at 714-259-1122 and leave a message. We are not currently accepting stray healthy cats. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- The shelter in Tustin is closed to the general public effective March 16 to March 31, 2020.
- Owner surrenders are limited to emergencies only.
- Adoptions/rescues/fostering & pet redemptions will be by appointment only. Call 714-935-6848 to make an appointment.
- Field Services will be limited to essential services only.
- In-person licensing services are suspended.
OC Community Services
www.occommunityservices.org | Information and Assistance Line: (800) 510-2020 | Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. | Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | After-Hours: 2-1-1
- One-Stop Centers are open by appointment only.
- Economic & Business Recovery Call Center is now open: (714) 480-6500 | Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The senior meal program will change to one or two deliveries per week, with 21 meals dropped off.
- Congregate meal sites are canceled, but brown bag pick-up is open three-five days a week (depending on site).
- Senior home assessments have been waived. New clients in need of food will be registered over the phone and granted conditional eligibility to be able to start receiving meals immediately.
- Veterans Services Office is open by appointment for time-sensitive matters only.
Orange County Housing Authority
http://www.ochousing.org/ | (714) 480-2700
- All face-to-face office visits are suspended starting March 16, 2020. All inquiries and questions should be made via phone call and email. Information will be posted on the OCHA website.
- All annual inspections will be rescheduled and postponed starting March 16, 2020.
- New lease inspections will continue as the units are vacant. All communication with the owner or tenant will be via email/phone call.
- Special inspection will be delayed unless it is essential to the health and safety of the tenant.
OC Housing & Community Development
- Face-to-face and in-person meetings are suspended.
- Affordable housing monitoring inspections will be rescheduled.
- County park closures include: parking lots at all County beaches, regional and wilderness parks; parking spaces at all trailheads; parking lots at Irvine Lake; parking along Black Star Canyon Road; pedestrian access points at Thousand Steps, Table Rock, West, Camel Point and Treasure Island beaches; playgrounds; exercise equipment; shelters and trailheads. Passive walk-through pedestrian, cycling, and equestrian activity is permitted.
- Restrooms are limited and will be open to the public between the hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Open restrooms can be found at the following County parks: Carbon Canyon Regional Park, Ralph B Clark Regional Park, Ted Craig Regional Park, Laguna Niguel Regional Park, William R Mason Regional Park, Mile Square Regional Park, Peters Canyon Regional Park, Tri City Regional Park, Yorba Regional Park, Harriett Weider Regional Park.
- All events, programs and activities canceled.
- Irvine Lake closed.
- All scheduled volunteer programs and activities canceled.
- OC Zoo closed.
- OC Parks Headquarters closed.
- Park Offices, nature and interpretive centers closed.
- Historical parks closed, except Irvine Ranch Historic Park Tuesdays only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Farmers Market.
- Campsites at O’Neill Regional Park and Caspers Wilderness Park closed.
- No new reservations (including camping reservations), permit requests or annual pass sales.
OC Public Libraries
- All OC Public Libraries locations are closed until further notice.
- OC Public Libraries’ robust digital services give library card holders 24/7 free access to ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies, resources and more.
- If you have questions, please contact library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or via social media on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
OC Public Works
- The County Service Center (including OCPW public permit counter) at 601 N. Ross St. in Santa Ana is closed to the public until further notice. OCPW’s online services will remain accessible 24/7 at the myOCeservices portal at https://myoceservices.ocgov.com/.
- The public can use the online services portal for a variety of service needs that include, but not limited to, permit applications, plan check reviews/status, inspections requests, payments online, as staff continue working to process requests in a timely manner. Some extended plan check timelines may be expected during this time.
- Additionally, OCPW’s OC Development Services teams will still be available via phone at 714 667-8888. There will be minimal in-person appointments and the public is advised that communication be done via online methods (e.g. Skype meetings) if needed.
- Quarterly Traffic Committee meetings canceled until further notice.
- The Agricultural Commissioner’s office public counter is closed until further notice and the public is directed to obtain services through myOCeServices.ocgov.com or via phone at 714-955-0100.
- Procurement Services may cancel project contractor bid sessions as necessary due to large group sizes.
OC Waste & Recycling
- OC Waste & Recycling’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers (HHWCCs) will remain in operation for drop-off only of household hazardous waste. The Materials Exchange Programs, located at the HHWCCs, will be temporarily closed from March 17, 2020, through March 31, 2020, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Out of custody clients have been notified via website to contact their attorneys to see if they can give 977 authority for the attorney to appear on their behalf, removing the need to appear in court themselves.
- The Harbor Justice Center Public Defender’s office is closed due to the court closure effective March 23, 2020. However, they can be reached by calling (657) 251-6090 and specifying which Harbor Court Public Defender or staff the person is trying to reach. This is the only Public Defender’s office closed to the outside public at this time.
- The Orange County Probation Department is continuing the suspension of visitation until further notice at Orange County Juvenile Hall, Youth Leadership Academy and Youth Guidance Center. ONLY attorney and professional visits will be allowed during this period.
- OC Probation Department Regional Offices are currently closed to the public, for both adults and juveniles under probation supervision. Telephone contact information is posted. Clients will be instructed to contact their assigned Deputy Probation Officer by phone.
- Clients who were recently released from custody need to call (714) 569-2000 and ask for the Officer of the Day for direction and resources.
- Santa Ana Office (SAO) 714-569-2000
- North County Field Office (NCFSO) 714-937-4500
- West County Field Office (WCFSO) 714-896-7500
714-896-7878 Juvenile Supervision
- South County Field Office (SCFSO) 949-206-4160
- Manchester Office Building (MOB) 714-935-6623
- Juvenile Hall (JH) 714-935-6157
- Youth Leadership Academy (YLA) 714-935-7099
- Youth Guidance Center (YGC) 714-836-2700
- Central and North Youth Reporting Centers (CYRC and NYRC) 714-667-7770
- Collections information: Until further notice, in-person Financial Appointments at Probation Regional Offices will be temporarily suspended.
- Collection Officers are available by telephone to answer any questions regarding your account. Contact information for your Collection Officer can be found on your billing statement. If you do not know who your Collection Officer is, you can call the office site (phone numbers listed below) and ask for the Collection Officer of the day.
- Santa Ana Office (SAO) Collections 714-569-2000
- Manchester Office Building (MOB) Collections 714-935-7411
- Juvenile Hall (JH) Collections 714-935-6157
- North County Field Office (NCFSO) Collections 714-937-4500
- West County Field Office (WCFSO) Adult Collections 714-896-7500
- West County Field Office (WCFSO) Juvenile Collections 714-896-7878
- South County Field Office (SCFSO) Collections 949-206-4160
- During this time, please utilize the following payment options:
- Credit Card Payments:: Your credit card and Probation Account information (beginning with A, J, L or R) must be available to complete your payment.
: Your credit card and Probation Account information (beginning with A, J, L or R) must be available to complete your payment.
- Online Payments: ocgov.com/Probation
- Phone Payments: (800) 533-0943
Check or Money Order Payments:
- Payable to: Orange County Probation Department
- Memo: your Probation Account information (beginning with A, J, L, or R)
- Mail to:
Orange County Probation Department
P.O. Box 10178
Santa Ana, CA 92711-0178
- Staff assigned to Field Operations for both Adult and Juvenile Bureaus will continue to work at their normal office locations and be available to clients by phone.
- Day Reporting Centers (DRC) for adults will suspend operations until further notice.
- Youth Reporting Centers (YRC) will suspend operations through April 5, 2020.
- Contact numbers for area offices:
- Day Reporting Centers (DRC) for adults will suspend operations until further notice. Contact numbers for Santa Ana DRC 714-415-7400 and Westminster DRC 714-373-6889
- Youth Reporting Centers (YRC) will suspend operations through April 5, 2020. Contact number for Central YRC is (714) 667-7770
Registrar of Voters
- The Registrar of Voters (ROV) certified the Presidential Primary Election and Registrar Neal Kelley brought the final results to the Board on March 24, 2020.
- The Governor issued an executive order to halt in-person voting requirements for the April 7, 2020 Westminster Recall Election in the interest of public health and safety on March 20, 2020.
- In lieu of in-person voting options at Vote Centers for the Westminster Recall Election, the public may make appointments at the ROV’s Santa Ana office for assistance. ROV is also staffing all of its phone operations, including all supported languages — Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Spanish. The public may call 714-567-7600 for assistance.
- The front lobby of all Sheriff’s Department buildings and contract city police services substations are closed to the public.
- All volunteer programs are suspended; this includes senior programs in contract cities and those provided by jail volunteers. Jail programs provided by staff will continue.
- All department tours and civilian ride-alongs will be postponed.
- Patrol deputies have been directed to use discretion in responding to calls for service that require social contact. Where possible, deputies will call reporting parties and take necessary reports over the phone.
- Community service officers and motor deputies will not respond to non-injury traffic collisions unless vehicles are disabled in the roadway or creating a hazard.
- Public jail visiting is suspended, and inmates are provided two free five-minute phone calls per week.
- Enhanced symptom screening for jail intake has been implemented in coordination with the OC Health Care Agency’s Correctional Health Services.
- All training at the Sheriff’s Regional Training Academy is suspended.
Social Services Agency
- SSA’s buildings remain closed to the public. Individuals are encouraged to apply for public assistance benefits online, by contacting our call center, or though the specific channels mentioned below.
- Clients may apply for Medi-Cal, CalFresh, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits, review case information, request a replacement benefits card and submit verifications, by visiting http://www.mybenefitscalwin.org or calling SSA’s Service Center at (800) 281-9799.
- SSA’s Service Center has extended its hours of operation to:
- Weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Call Center operators will be available to take calls at (800) 281-9799.
- SSA’s Service Center has extended its hours of operation to:
- Additionally, individuals can apply for CalFresh only through GetCalFresh.org.
- Clients may also apply for General Relief benefits by faxing an application to (714) 825-3155.
- Clients may apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or ask questions related to ongoing IHSS cases, by calling (714) 825-3000.
- SSA has received State authorization to waive face-to-face requirements. Additionally, both California Department of Health Care Services and California Department of Social Services have issued guidance that will allow for expediting benefit issuances.
- SSA received State Guidance on the Adult Protective Services program, which will allow them to restrict required home visits to just those cases that require an immediate response per current regulations. Additionally, Public Authority is assessing the ability to either postpone or find alternate methods to complete required IHSS provider enrollments.
- Per State direction, clients with existing benefits that are approaching their annual redeterminations will be automatically extended from March 18, 2020, for 90 days for Medi-Cal, General Relief, CalFresh and CalWORKs.
- The Orangewood Children & Family Center (OCFC) is closed for public access, including visitation and volunteer activities. OCFC operations providing support to children on campus will continue to operate.
- All in-person property tax payments are suspended. Payments can be made 24/7 online at ocgov.com/octaxbill by check (no cost) or credit/debit card (2.29 percent service fee applies). Checks can also be dropped off at the new Treasurer-Tax Collector Depository on the east side of the County Administration South building, 601 N. Ross St, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- All requests for certifications of tract maps must be sent to County of Orange, Attn.: Treasurer-Tax Collector, P.O. Box 4515, Santa Ana, CA 92702-4515 or 601 N. Ross Street, Second Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
- All Mobile Home Tax Clearance Certificates can be completed online at https://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/tcc_request.asp or the online form can be printed and mailed to County of Orange, Attn.: Treasurer-Tax Collector, P.O. Box 4515, Santa Ana, CA 92705-4515.
- The Property Tax Auction scheduled for Monday, March 23, 2020, is canceled.