COUNTY OF ORANGE PUBLIC SERVICE IMPACTS
The County Service Center will be temporarily closed beginning on Friday, December 11, 2020 until further notice due to the State’s Regional Stay-at-Home Order.
- For general questions, please call 714-834-3706
- For Clerk-Recorder, please call 714-834-2500 or visit OCRecorder.com
- For Treasurer-Tax Collector, for property tax questions, please call 714-834-3411 (9 am to 5 pm) or visit ocgov.com/octaxbill, for other questions, call 714-834-7625 or visit ttc.ocgov.com. If you have a tract map or subpoena to drop off, please call 714-667-8800 for assistance.
- For OC Public Works, please call 714-667-8888 or visit myOCeServices.ocgov.com
- The Orange County Assessor Department service counter is open for public access at 500 S. Main St. in Orange effective June 22, 2020.
- The office locations in Mission Viejo and Civic Center-Santa Ana will remain temporarily closed.
- Many of our services are available through our website, by mail and phone. If you have any questions, please contact us at (714) 834-2727 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- For further information about specific items you may call the numbers below from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday:
Address Change for Real Property
Address Change for Business Property
Boat and Aircraft Questions
Business Property – General Questions
Exemptions – Homeowners’ Questions
Exemptions – Institutional (Welfare, Church, etc.)
Exemptions – Veterans’ Questions
Real Property – Change of Ownership Questions
Real Property – General Questions
Proposition Questions (Prop 58, 60, 90, 110, etc.)
Taxpayers’ Advocate Office
Value Notice Requests
Child Support Services
- As of July 1, the Child Support Services lobby in Santa Ana is open for payments and help with child support.
- Court activities are taking place remotely. Customers may call (866) 901-3212 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday – Friday for more information.
- Customers can make payments by phone (866)-901-3212, online (childsupport.ca.gov/state-disbursement-unit), or in person.
- Visit css.ocgov.com/contact/covid_19 for the latest updates to services.
The department will continue to provide marriage services at Honda Center in Anaheim by appointment only. Couples who have already booked a virtual marriage appointment, please be assured that your appointment is still being honored. For more information on obtaining marriage services or other services, please visit OCRecorder.com or call our information line at (714) 834-2500. The department’s call center will be available to customers from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday except holidays.
Effective Friday, December 11, 2020, the following services must be requested via mail. No over the counter or walk-in service will be available until further notice:
- Birth, death, and marriage certificates
- Real Property Recording Services
- Fictitious Business Name Statements
- Official Records Copies
- Notary Registrations
- EIR filings
Real property documents that need to be recorded can be mailed to our office using the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx. Electronic recordings will not be affected by this closure and will continue as normal.
The following services will not be available until further notice:
- All professional registrations
- Attorney Services
- Passport Services
For more detailed information, please call the department’s information line at (714) 834-2500, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or visit us at OCRecorder.com.
Health Care Agency
- Residents who have medical questions may call the Health Referral Line at (800) 564-8448.
Behavioral Health Services
- Community trainings (i.e. Mental Health First Aid and Crisis Intervention Training (CIT)) are being offered in a virtual format when possible. CIT for law enforcement is suspended until restrictions are lifted.
- Mental Health Board (MHB) and Mental Health Services Act Steering Committee meetings have resumed and are now public online meetings via Zoom. They are joint MHB and Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board (ADAB) meetings and are being held on a monthly basis. The Study meeting is on the 2nd Wednesdays and the General meetings are on the 4th Wednesdays.
- Clients are being screened for symptoms and any client who presents with symptoms is being re-scheduled and referred for a medical appointment. In-office offered to clients as necessary and safety precautions are maintained, i.e., social distance, masks.
- Outreach & Engagement staff have suspended their participation in resource fairs.
- UC-Irvine adolescent psych unit now open for Med/Surge patients.
- WarmLine hours of operations extended to 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Community Counseling and Supportive Services (CCSS) and OC Links hours extended to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday to address first responders, health care providers and the general community.
Office of Care Coordination
- The Office of Care Coordination is operating the County’s COVID-19 Homelessness Response System encompassing the following two components:
- Temporary Isolation Shelter for individuals experiencing homelessness who are sick or symptomatic for COVID-19.
- Temporary Shelter for Vulnerable Populations, including asymptomatic individuals experiencing homelessness who are medically vulnerable and/or 65 years and older.
Additional information can be found on the webpage - https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/homelessness-care-providers#HomelessResponse.
For more information on the program and how to access, please contact the Project Roomkey hotline at (714) 834-3000 or via email at ProjectRoomkey@ochca.com.
- The Office of Care Coordination, in coordination with Public Health Services, continues to make technical assistance and guidance recommendations related to the prevention and mitigation of COVID-19. Resources and information can be found online - https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/homelessness-care-providers#Resources
- The Continuum of Care Board and related Committee meetings are hosted via teleconference. Meeting information can be found in the posted agendas - https://www.ochealthinfo.com/homeless/coc
- The Commission to End Homelessness meetings are hosted via teleconference. Meeting information can be found in the posted agendas - https://www.ochealthinfo.com/occ/commendhom
- The Bridges at Kraemer Place Community Advisory meetings are hosted via teleconference. Meeting information can be found in the posted agendas - https://www.ocgov.com/gov/ceo/care/shelters
Custodian of Records
- Custodian of Records public hours are reduced to 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. During non-COVID they are normally 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Regulatory/Medical Health Services
- Hospital food facility inspections have resumed normal scheduling (although many are still restricting who can enter their buildings).
- Environmental Health public counter is still closed but we are operating and have a process in place to receive payments, plan check drop-off and pick-up, and meet with clients by appointment. We also have an employee assigned in the main lobby to be the concierge when clients arrive. This is temporary, until construction work on our new reception area is complete, hopefully within the next three weeks.
- Regional Emergency Advisory Committee meetings (for EMS system stakeholders) continue to be held via Zoom.
Human Resource Services
- Human Resource Services (HRS) is significantly reducing and might eliminate in-person testing for candidates currently in the hiring process. HRS will work to accommodate candidates who do not have access to online systems.
- HRS is exploring significantly speeding up the hiring process as allowed per the emergency orders, especially for OC Health Care Agency.
Office of Campaign Finance and Ethics Commission
- Office is currently closed. Orange County residents may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (714) 645-3844.
OC Community Resources
Orange County Animal Care
www.ocpetinfo.com | (714) 935-6848 |After-Hours: (714) 259-1122
- The Intake Office is open daily from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please note, OC Animal Care continues to respond to urgent service calls related to public health and safety issues 24 hours a day. Residents who need after-hours assistance can call the after-hours number at (714) 259-1122 and leave a message for the call to be prioritized. OC Animal Care is accepting stray cats if they are sick or injured. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- The shelter in Tustin is open by appointment only.
- Owner surrenders are available for emergency situations.
- Adoptions/rescues/fostering are available by appointment. Call (714) 935-6848 to make an appointment.
- Owners redeeming their pets are asked to please call ahead at (714) 935-6848.
- Field Services are available for essential services.
- Licensing can be processed online or over the phone. In-person licensing services are suspended due to COVID-19.
OC Community Services
www.occommunityservices.org | Information and Assistance Line: (800) 510-2020 | Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | After-Hours: 2-1-1
- The OC One-Stop Center is open by appointment only, and resources can be accessed online at oconestop.com.
- Economic & Business Recovery Call Center is open: (714) 480-6500 | Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The home-delivered meals program (Meals on Wheels) provides contactless delivery for seniors. Meals are delivered once or twice a week, depending on routes, and enough food for seven days is provided.
- Congregate meal sites remain closed. Grab & Go meals are available three-five days a week (check senior center) with enough food for seven days.
- Senior home assessments have been waived. New clients in need of food can register over the phone and are granted conditional eligibility to be able to start receiving meals immediately.
- The Veterans Service Office (VSO) is assisting veterans and their families by appointments only. No walk-ins. For time-sensitive matters, an officer of the day is able to assist on the outdoor patio. College Fee Waiver applications can be submitted online at www.veterans.ocgov.com.
Orange County Housing Authority
http://www.ochousing.org/ | (714) 480-2700
- All face-to-face office visits are suspended until further notice, and services are provided remotely. All inquiries and questions should be made via phone call and email. Information has been updated on the OCHA website.
- All annual inspections will be rescheduled and postponed until further notice per U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines related to COVID-19.
- New lease inspections will continue. All communication with the owner or tenant will be via email/phone call.
- Special inspection will be delayed unless it is essential to the health and safety of the tenant.
OC Housing & Community Development
- In-person meetings are suspended until further notice.
- Affordable housing monitoring inspections will be rescheduled.
- Beaches are open regular operating hours. Please see OCParks.com for beach hours.
- Parking lots and restrooms are open at all County regional and wilderness parks and beaches.
- OC Parks Annual Parking Passes are available for purchase online or at select facilities. Please visit OC Parks’ annual pass page for more information.
- Irvine Lake is open for fishing during its regular weekend hours.
- O’Neill Regional Park and Caspers Wilderness Park campground sites are temporarily closed in accordance with the December 3 California Regional Stay at Home Order. More Information
- OC Zoo is closed.
- Playgrounds and exercise equipment open. Please follow these simple steps provided by the California Department of Public Health when visiting the playgrounds and using the exercise equipment.
- Shelter reservations suspended.
- Some volunteer programs and activities may resume with restrictions.
- All events, programs and activities canceled (with the exception of OC Parks hosted drive-in events.)
- OC Parks Headquarters closed.
- Park Offices, nature and interpretive centers closed.
- Historical parks closed. The grounds of Irvine Ranch Historic Park and Heritage Hill Historical Park are open, all buildings remain closed.
- Processing permit requests, other than photography permits, temporarily suspended.
- Sports fields (baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis) open for walk-up play on a first come, first served basis. Practice only, no games/competition allowed.
- Parks and trails subject to weather-related closures. Please visit OCParks.com/parks/alerts for updates.
OC Public Libraries
- Metered occupancy Grab & Go services are available at all locations(*) except the Laguna Woods library. Services include popular materials browsing and self-service checkout of holds plus single-user, 30-minute computer sessions by reservation. Learn more about Grab & Go services at ocpl.org/grabandgo
- Service hours are Tuesday – Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday - Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- *Laguna Hills Technology branch Grab & Go services are Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Book drops and contactless Curbside Pickup are available at all branches. Learn more about Curbside Pickup HERE or at ocpl.org/curbsidefaq.
- OC Public Libraries’ robust digital services give library cardholders 24/7 free access to ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies, resources and more. You can also enjoy virtual programming at org/virtualprograms
- Visit ocpl.org/page/ecards for a digital card that gives you access to a wide variety of downloadable media!
- Friends of the Library Bookstores are all closed. Bookstores are not accepting donations at this time.
- WiFi on Wheels service is available in select communities throughout Orange County, providing WiFi service to surrounding areas, hotspot check-outs, and remote library services. For more information, visit ocpl.org/wifionwheels
- Available Tuesdays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. & Saturdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact any branch during service hours or library staff at email@example.com, via social media on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or use library chat at ocpl.org.
OC Public Works
- OCPW’s public permit counter located at the County Service Center at 601 N. Ross St. in Santa Ana will be closed to the public for in-person service from December 11 until further notice due to the current COVID-19 stay-at-home public health order. OCPW’s online services remain accessible 24/7 at the myOCeservices portal at https://myoceservices.ocgov.com/.
- The public can use the online services portal for a variety of service needs that include, but not limited to, permit applications, plan check reviews/status, inspections requests, payments online, as staff continue working to process requests in a timely manner. Some extended plan check timelines may be expected during this time.
- Additionally, OCPW’s OC Development Services team is available via phone at 714-667-8888.
- The Agricultural Commissioner’s office public counter will be closed December 11, 2020 until further notice. Customers can continue to receive service via phone at 714-955-0100 and by appointment only.
- Procurement Services may conduct contractor bid sessions via conference call or scheduled appointment.
OC Waste & Recycling
- OC Waste & Recycling’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers (HHWCCs) will remain in operation for drop-off only of household hazardous waste.
- Frank R. Bowerman remains closed due to the Silverado Fire while the Olinda Alpha landfill, Prima Deshecha landfill, and Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers remain open.
- The Materials Exchange Programs, located at the HHWCCs is now open.
- The Orange County Probation Department has been granted approval by the Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC) to continue the suspension of in person visitation until January 6, 2020 at Orange County Juvenile Hall, Youth Leadership Academy and Youth Guidance Center. ONLY attorney and professional in person visits will be allowed during this period. This continues to be re-evaluated every 30 days.
- Individuals on supervision continue to be supervised by their assigned officers utilizing a combination of face to face and virtual real-time technology.
- OC Probation Department Regional Offices continue to be closed to the public, and to both adults and juveniles under probation supervision.
- Clients who were recently released from custody need to call (714) 569-2000 and ask for the Officer of the Day for direction and resources.
- Day Reporting Centers (DRC) for adults will continue to provide services and referrals for our clients with virtual real-time technology. New intakes and participants requiring initial assessments will be seen in person.
- Youth Reporting Centers (YRC) are running virtually
Contact numbers for area offices:
- Santa Ana Office (SAO) 714-569-2000
- North County Field Office (NCFSO) 714-937-4500
- West County Field Office (WCFSO) 714-896-7500
- South County Field Office (SCFSO) 949-206-4160
- Manchester Office Building (MOB) 714-935-6623
- Juvenile Hall (JH) 714-935-6157
- Youth Leadership Academy (YLA) 714-935-7099
- Youth Guidance Center (YGC) 714-836-2700
- Central Youth Reporting Centers (CYRC) 714-667-7770
- North Youth Reporting Center (NYRC) 714-687-6700
- Day Reporting Center (DRC) – Santa Ana 714-415-7400
- Day Reporting Center (DRC) - Westminster 714-373-6889
- Collections information: Until further notice, in-person Financial Appointments at Probation Regional Offices continue to be suspended.
- Collection Officers are available by telephone to answer any questions regarding your account. Contact information for your Collection Officer can be found on your billing statement. If you do not know who your Collection Officer is, you can call the office site (phone numbers listed below) and ask for the Collection Officer of the day.
- Santa Ana Office (SAO) Collections 714-569-2000
- Manchester Office Building (MOB) Collections 714-935-7411
- Juvenile Hall (JH) Collections 714-935-6157
- North County Field Office (NCFSO) Collections 714-937-4500
- West County Field Office (WCFSO) Adult Collections 714-896-7500
- West County Field Office (WCFSO) Juvenile Collections 714-896-7878
- South County Field Office (SCFSO) Collections 949-206-4160
During this time, please utilize the following payment options:
- Credit Card Payments:: Your credit card and Probation Account information (beginning with A, J, L or R) must be available to complete your payment.
Your credit card and Probation Account information (with the account number beginning with A, J, L or R) must be available to complete your payment.
- Online Payments: ocgov.com/Probation
- Phone Payments: (800) 533-0943
Check or Money Order Payments:
- Payable to: Orange County Probation Department
- Memo: your Probation Account information (beginning with A, J, L, or R)
- Mail to:
Orange County Probation Department
P.O. Box 10178
Santa Ana, CA 92711-0178
Registrar of Voters (ROV)
- The ROV public lobby is currently closed to the public; assistance is provided on-site through glass partitions and public observation will continue on an appointment basis. Please check ocvote.com or call 714-567-7600 for the latest updates and assistance. ROV is also staffing all of its phone operations, including all supported languages — Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Spanish.
- The ROV conducted the November 3, 2020 Presidential General Election with record-breaking voter turnout of 87.3% and 1,546,570 ballots cast, the highest election turnout since 1964 and most ballots cast in an election in Orange County’s 131-year history.
- Registrar of Voters Neal Kelley certified the election on November 24th, well in advance of the statutory deadline.
Social Services Agency
- SSA has opened the following regional center offices to the public, with limited hours of operation:
- Aliso Viejo
- Garden Grove
- Santa Ana
- These facilities are open to the public from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Drive Through Benefits Issuance will continue to be provided Monday through Friday by appointment only from our various open locations. Please make an appointment at the SSA Call Center at (800) 281-9799 to schedule your drive through time. Call Center hours are below.
- NOTE: Effective 9/5/20, Saturday Drive Through Benefits Issuance Services will be consolidated into the Santa Ana Regional Center location only. Customers requiring drive through benefits issuance services should schedule an appointment by calling the SSA Call Center at (800) 281-9799 or by contacting their caseworker.
- Individuals are encouraged to apply for Medi-Cal, CalFresh, General Relief and CalWORKs benefits, or review existing case information online or by contacting our Call Center:
- Online: http://www.mybenefitscalwin.org
- SSA Call Center: (800) 281-9799
- Extended Call Center Hours: Weekdays (Monday – Friday) from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Additionally, individuals can apply for CalFresh at www.GetCalFresh.org
- And online for Medi-Cal at www.coveredca.com
- Clients may also apply for General Relief benefits by faxing an application to (714) 825-3155
- Clients may also apply for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or ask questions related to ongoing IHSS cases by calling (714) 825-3000
- Select option 4 for IHSS hotline (for immediate needs and items needed within 3 days)
- The Orangewood Children & Family Center (OCFC) and Eckhoff office is closed to the public; limited visitations and Live Scans are available by appointment only (please contact your assigned social worker)
- Emergency Response teams and 24/7 hotlines continue to be operational for the safety of our most vulnerable populations:
- If you suspect a child is at risk of abuse or neglect, call our 24-hour Child Abuse Registry at (714) 940-1000 or (800) 207-4464.
- Please call the 24-hour Adult Protective Services Hotline at (800) 451-5155 if you suspect a senior or dependent adult is at risk of abuse or neglect.
- All in-person property tax payments are suspended. Payments can be made 24/7 online at ocgov.com/octaxbill by check (no cost) or credit/debit card (2.29 percent service fee applies). Checks can also be dropped off at the Treasurer-Tax Collector Depository on the east side of the County Administration South building, 601 N. Ross St, Santa Ana, CA.
- All requests for certifications of tract maps must either be sent to County of Orange, Attn.: Treasurer-Tax Collector, P.O. Box 4515, Santa Ana, CA 92702-4515 or 601 N. Ross Street, Second Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92701, or they can be dropped off when they are outside the County Administration South Building between 8 am and 5 pm by calling 714-667-8800.
- All Mobile Home Tax Clearance Certificates can be completed online at https://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/tcc_request.asp or the online form can be printed and mailed to County of Orange, Attn.: Treasurer-Tax Collector, P.O. Box 4515, Santa Ana, CA 92705-4515.
- All subpoenas can be mailed to County of Orange, Attn: Treasurer-Tax Collector, P.O. Box 4515, Santa Ana, CA 92702-4515, or they can be dropped off when they are outside the County Administration South Building between 8 am and 5 pm by calling 714-667-8800.